As contact-tracing begins to get into gear, the scammers will no doubt soon follow. The Slingsby Village website can relay some specific advice, just in:
The following information has been circulated from the City of London National Fraud Intelligence Bureau
NHS test and trace
If NHS Test and Trace calls you by phone, the service will be using a single phone number 0300 0135 000. The only website the service will ask you to visit is https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk.
Contact tracers will never:
- Ask you to dial a premium rate number to speak to us (for example, those starting 09 or 087)
- Ask you to make any form of payment
- Ask for any details about your bank account
- Ask for your social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts
- Ask you for any passwords or PINs, or ask you to set up any passwords or PINs over the phone
- Ask you to purchase a product
- Ask you to download any software to your device or ask you to hand over control of your PC, smartphone or tablet
- Ask you to access any website that does not belong to the Government or NHS
North Yorkshire Community Messaging (NYCM) is managed by North Yorkshire Police. The official website is www.nycm.co.uk which will allow you to sign into your account to change your delivery method preference or locations of interest. It also contains a FAQs section, which may assist with any queries you have.
Links and attachments: North Yorkshire Police will only ever link you to secure web-sites we trust, we will only send you attachments where we believe it is absolutely necessary.
If you need to contact North Yorkshire Police please call 101 or in an emergency dial 999. Alternatively please email any non urgent enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org