Slingsby Methodist Church: News and Events for June
Saturday 7th June. We are having a GIFT DAY in The Methodist Schoolroom 10am to 12 noon. This is to raise funds for redecorating the Chapel interior. We would be most grateful for any support you can give us. Coffee/tea and biscuits provided. At the same time we shall put on a display of old photos part of The “Wormald Collection” in the Chapel itself as we did on Mayday. Contact Stephen Prest on 628277 for details.
Sunday 15th June Slingsby Methodist Church Anniversary Day. We are repeating last years Successful programme as follows….
- 3pm Meet at The Chapel for a Countryside walk looking at Conservation Work and wildlife around Slingsby.
- 4-30pm Afternoon Tea in the schoolroom.
- 6pm Service of Thanksgiving and celebration in the Chapel led by Mrs Louise Hayes.
You are welcome to any of these events.
Contact Audrey Foster for further details 628643
SLINGSBY ADVENTURE CLUB is celebrating it’s 40th Anniversary this year. It is 40 years since we had a Cliff College Mission in Slingsby and one of the things we started was Adventure Club.
Over the years many children from Slingsby and surrounding villages have attended. The programmes have varied but there has usually been some singing , Bible stories, lots of games, craft and drama etc. We are so grateful to all the adults who have come and helped lead The Club over so many years. There is no doubt it has been a great success.
Contacts are Louise Hayes 01653-628064, Rachel Prest 01653-628277 or Becky Ward on 07933350189
We have thought for some time that our prayer life at Slingsby Methodist Church needed re-invigorating. To this end we propose the following…
1. We are putting a letter box outside the door to the Methodist Schoolroom for PRAYER REQUESTS. If you have concerns or people you would like us to pray for please put your requests in the prayer box and we will collect them 3 times a week and make sure they are prayed for. You can leave the anonymously or put your contact details if you want someone to talk to or to COME and pray with you.
2. The Wednesday Fellowship Group are holding a study series on “Prayer” beginning on Wednesday evenings at 7-30pm at Rachel & Stephen Prest’s home and on alternate fortnights at Geoff & Karen Bishop’s home. All welcome. Contact Stephen on 628277.
3. After our Sunday services on the third Sunday of the month an opportunity will be given for anyone to request prayers for themselves or someone else.