- July 17th Andy Woods, Numismatist from Yorkshire Museum Trust “Emperors, Gods and Hoards” An introduction to Roman coinage. £15 per person, includes lunch.
- July 19th Dr Rick Jones from Leeds University will give a guided walk around the Roman fort site at Orchard Fields. Adults £5
Workshops for ALL- linked to the Terrific Trades Exhibition in the Subscription Rooms, Yorkersgate, Malton. To run between 10.30am and 4pm.. Entry is free, but children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Thursday July 31st Lynn Murrell Malton Sewing Bee
“The farmer’s in his den” – creating in fabric and thread. The workshop will look at farming in Ryedale for inspirations, and is suitable for children aged 8 upwards.
- Thursday August 7th Alison Williams
“Burning the midnight oil” – a pottery workshop looking at how people have created ways to light their workspace. Come and make your own Roman style clay oil lamp.
- Thursday August 14th Sarah Maultby & Michelle Petyt
“Making it fizz!” A practical look at the history of making sparkling soft drinks in Malton. Have a go too!
- Friday August 22nd Keith Matthews
“Shield walls and how to get round them!” Be a Roman soldier for a day. Join the Norman soldiers from France. Learn battle tactics and have a go at making chain mail.
- Friday August 29th Rachel Matthews
“Twisting Threads” creating decorative and usefulm braids, cords and plaits from medieval times. A hands on day.
More information for all of these events can be found at www.maltonmuseum.co.uk or phone 01653 697845