The second Annual General Meeting of the Slingsby Website and Newsletter Group was held on 22 November 2012. The meeting was successful and the Group thanks those who attended. The minutes of the AGM can be found below, with reports and accounts available to download by clicking on the links which follow.
SLINGSBY WEBSITE AND NEWSLETTER GROUP
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
held on Thursday 22nd November 2012 at 7pm
in the Grapes
- Present: Jon Boots, Carol Buck, Keith Buck, George Dudzinski, Richard Flint, David Thornley (Committee members), and two members of the public.
- Welcome and introduction: Jon Boots (acting Chairman) welcomed guests to this, the second AGM of the Group, and introduced the members of the Management Committee.
- Apologies were received from Rachel Underwood and Geoff Brooks.
- Chairman’s report: Jon Boots, acting as Chairman, gave an overview of a successful year for the group and touched on the desirability of wider community engagement with the website. The report was accepted by those present and is attached at Annex A.
- Treasurer’s report: Carol Buck presented the accounts for the Group’s financial year (1 Nov 2011 to 31 Oct 2012). They had been audited and signed by a retired accountant and tax inspector who is independent of the Group. The accounts are attached at Annex B.
- Newsletter editor’s report: The Newsletter editor’s report was presented by Keith Buck and accepted by those present. It is attached at Annex C.
- Webmaster’s report: Richard Flint reported on the improving architecture of the website and its associated facilities, including a number of technical and security enhancements. His report was accepted by those present and is attached at Annex D.
- Approval of officers: As no other nominations were received, the committee was reconfirmed en bloc, as follows:
Chairman: George Dudzinski
Treasurer: Carol Buck.
Newsletter editor: Keith Buck
Webmaster: Richard Flint
Secretary: Jon Boots
Member: David Thornley
- Open discussion: There was a general discussion about the website and newsletter, drawing on experience from other local communities. There was particular focus on the need for wider engagement with the website. It was noted that the Parish Council and local businesses clearly need more encouragement to use the website effectively.
Jon Boots, Secretary 28 November 2012
ANNEX B: AGM 2012 Accounts
ANNEX C: AGM 2012 Editors Report 15 Nov 2012