The Slingsby Village website allows comments from visitors on new posts for 31 days. All comments are moderated by the website team before publication.
Comment and moderation guidelines
The ground rules for commenting on the Slingsby Village website are simple. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Try to understand someone else’s perspective and if you disagree, respectfully explain why. We want to create a friendly and inviting atmosphere.
When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- Be respectful of others who use this site
- Stay on topic.and keep comments concise
- Be aware that you may be misunderstood, so try to be clear about what you are saying, and expect that people may understand your contribution differently to what you intended. Remember that text isn’t always a great medium for conversation: tone of voice (sarcasm, humour and so on) doesn’t always come across when using words on a screen.
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments).
- Do not use this site for party political purposes.
- Please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals.
- Do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion.
Website comments are moderated to check that they comply with the guidelines above. If comments don’t comply they will not be published. The deletion of comments is wholly within the discretion of the moderators at the Slingsby Village website and we will err on the side of maintaining a safe and friendly community website.
Here is a brief outline of how we evaluate comments.
Is this comment on topic, does it add value to the discussion and can the website team answer publicly?
If so, the website team will add the comment to the site and post a response within 24 hours if required.
Is this person asking for information or detail relating to content ?
If so, we’ll pass the query on and ensure it is dealt with as quickly as possible.