Slingsby Railway

This gallery contains images of Slingsby railway. It was built on the orders of the Earl of Carlisle, the local landowner, opened in 1853 and closed to regular passenger trains on 1 January 1931, but remained open for freight traffic and occasional special passenger trains until 10 August 1964. The station was the only one on the Thirsk and Malton line to be built of stone.

A history of Slingsby railway can be found at https://www.slingsbyvillage.co.uk/slingsby-railway