VILLAGE HALL HIRE RATES
Main hall – £10 per hour
Committee room – £5 per hour
Kitchen (including cooker) – £10 (one-off charge)
[Prices effective from June 2017]
For bookings please contact Trudy Carr on 01653 628302.
See also Clubs and Societies for contact information.
The Village Hall lies to the east of All Saints Church.
It is built on land donated by Lady Aurea Macleod and her brother Geoffrey Howard in 1931 as their contribution to the local fund being raised for it. Building commenced in October of that year by Frank Lumley, the village builder, with joinery work being carried out by Cecil Stanley. The work cost £1,112 with about £700 being raised from fetes and other activities with the remainder coming from a grant from the Carnegie United Kingdom Trust. A Charitable trust was set up in 1936 to administer the hall.
The cost of running and repairing the Village Hall is funded from hire charges and from various activities organized by the Village Hall Committee. Improvement works are paid from Hall funds supplemented by various grants that are available from the local authority and other organizations. In recent years these improvements have included a new roof, central heating, disabled toilet, disabled access, new curtains, re-rendering of external brickwork and new guttering. The kitchen was completely renewed in the Spring of 2011.
The year 2011 saw the 80th anniversary of the Village Hall’s opening. This was marked with a number of events, most notably an evening of folk music and entertainment.
Monday 16 July 2018, 7.15pm, Slingsby Village Hall committee room.
This is a regular meeting of the Parish Council, to which residents are invited as usual.
To receive apologies for absence and to approve reasons for absence
2. DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS
3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
To receive questions, comments and suggestions for items for further consideration by the Parish Council from members of the public.
4. PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS
To receive and confirm the minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on 29 January 2018
5. MATTERS ARISING
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
Replacement of the single glazed timber sashes in 5no front windows and 1no rear window with double glazed timber sashes and complete replacement of 1no rear single glazed timber casement window with a double glazed timber casement window at Lindon House The Green Slingsby Malton YO62 4AA
7. PARISH MATTERS
• Street Lights
• Highways Issues
• Cemetery Maintenance Work
• Section 106 Funding
• Dog Fouling
• Commemorative gesture in the memory of Chris Wilson
• Community Speed Watch
• NYCC Street Lighting Survey
8. FINANCIAL MATTERS
(a) To receive and approve current financial Statement
(b) To note and approve payments
10. ITEMS FOR THE AGENDA OF THE NEXT MEETING
To agree on items to be included on the agenda of the next meeting of the Council
11 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Mrs Gail Cook, Clerk to Slingsby, Fryton and South Holme Parish Council
Tel: 01653 693898 E-mail: email@example.com
Saturday 15th September 2018, 2pm, Slingsby Village Hall
Preparations for the 46th ANNUAL SLINGSBY PRODUCE & PUMPKIN SHOW are already well under way in a garden near you.
RAFFLE & TEAS – Admission is free – Donations gratefully accepted.
Enquiries to Stephen Prest 01653 628277 or Trudy Carr 01653 628302.
For the rules and details of classes – read on.
1. The show is open to parishioners of Slingsby, South Holme and Fryton. And Committee Members.
2. Entry fee in all classes 10p per entry (children’s classes 67 – 78 free).
3. Prize money, unless otherwise stated: 1st 60p, 2nd 40p, 3rd 30p.
4. All entries and entry fees to Mrs T. E. Carr before 8.00 p.m. on Thursday
5. Exhibits to be staged in the Village Hall between 8.30am and 10.00am on Saturday, 15th September.
6. No entries or exhibits will be accepted after the stated time.
7. Judging to commence at 10.00am when a whistle will be blown and all exhibitors must vacate the village hall. On failing to do so they will be disqualified.
8. Points awarded: 1st 3 points, 2nd 2 points, 3rd 1 point. No more than 4 points will be awarded to one exhibitor in one class.
9. Open to the public at 2.00pm.
10. No exhibits to be removed before 4.00pm.
11. Prize giving at 3pm, followed by the raffle
12. ALL PRODUCE MUST BE GROWN BY THE EXHIBITOR.
13. Please take all exhibits home with you on the day of the show.
14. All pumpkins and marrows will be weighed on Friday 14th September
at approx 5.30pm.
SHOW CLASSES: for full details,see below: